Research interests: social interaction and arts, social impact work, Sesame Street.
Past projects: FutureHere_Art for global goals (2019), Shared Narratives: Museum, Memory Boxes and Art Therapy (2019)
Investigation on Sesame Workshop and social impact work
As an organisation whose main work is geared towards making social impact, Sesame Workshop has a growing focus on educating the public on people with autism, parents, and caregivers who are involved in the autism community. This research will focus specifically on Julia the muppet from Sesame Workshop, who is a muppet with autism. Sesame Street characters such as Julia interact and communicate with each other. Using characterisation, these muppets can help moderate biases through educating the audience. The benefit of Julia includes the effects of Julia and her family covering social impacts that have been growing in several ways. The initial effect was to transition Julia to a physical muppet at TV show programming. The power of her presence on TV affects young children and encourage acceptance and understanding owards children who are autistic.
May – Aug 2019
Conference organiser (Intern)
- Developed digital publication and social media projects which support the big questions of the project such as children’s education, climate change management, human rights, sustainable development, and 'Art for global goals'.
- Organised collaborative events and conferences with art and tech incubators and helped the artists adapt to a new cultural environment through consultations.
Nov 2018 – Feb 2019
Shared Narratives: Museum, Memory Boxes and Art Therapy
Event organiser, marketer
- Assisted the Art Therapy programme for seniors and prepared the necessary art materials, created marketing materials such as logo and posters to launch the event, and scheduled social media content.
Apr – Jul 2018
Asian Students and Young Artists Art Festival & Hidden Artists Festival 2018 (Korea)
- Collaborated with the surrounding stores of the exhibition hall with the implementation of the events and ticket barter systems.
- Curated collected works of art and negotiated the terms of sale of paintings during the exhibition.
- Reviewed contracts for outdoor advertising, electric lighting board advertising and poster.
- Managed public relations, liaising with various agencies for communicating with the public.